The risk management chairman assesses all chapter functions for possible liability. He advises chapter leaders and educates members on issues pertaining to risk reduction. He serves as the chairman of the risk management committee, which should include the social chairman, the shelter and grounds chairman, the director of academic affairs, and any at-large members the chapter may desire.
Any at-large member in good standing with prior officer experience (administrative or executive); appointed by the chapter president and chapter advisor and approved by 2/3 vote of the chapter; term of office is for one year; not serving the chapter in any other executive officer capacity.
- Present an approved risk management program by October 25 of each year
- Approve all chapter activities based on Delta Tau Delta’s risk management policies, university policies, and local, state, and federal laws
- Assure events are reasonably free from potential injury or loss of those participating
- Work with the Shelter and Grounds Committee to conduct minimum monthly inspections of the Shelter
- Facilitate workshops with the chapter on issues related to risk management
- Organize and archive all materials, sign-in sheets, and other documentation of past chapter activities
- Oversee new members’ completion of DTAA powered by AlcoholEdu
- Serve as a member of the Executive Committee